glowy skin smoothie
A healthy, glowing complexion begins with the foods that you put into your body. We all know this though, right? Maybe not. But it does make sense. If are consistently putting processed, laboratory made food in your body, your skin will react in a negative way. Think about it. The body is really smart. If you eat an ingredient that isn't REAL, the body doesn't recognize it and therefore labels it as an intruder. However, when you are eating nutritious, natural foods your body uses it as fuel to run more efficiently and to heal itself. The ingredients in this smoothie have tons of health benefits but most importantly, will help to make your skin GLOW from the inside out...
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants which prevent premature aging, have a high Vitamin C content which promotes collagen production and they also increase circulation which will give you a youthful, dewey look.
- Bananas have heaps of nutrients like potassium which hydrates the skin, Zinc which fights blemishes and Vitamin A which helps to fade dark spots and acne scars.
- Remember when you were a kid and would take an oatmeal bath if you had chicken pox? This is because oats are heavy in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties which treat dry and itchy skin.
- One of my favorite super foods, the chia seed, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids will help to hydrate the body, decrease redness and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Hemp Hearts are full of essential fatty acids which prevent premature aging, sagging skin and helps with dreaded pimples.
This smoothie is the perfect way to start the day. It's delicious and will help you to feel and look ammmmmazzzzzinnnngggg...
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 ripe banana
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of ice
1/3 cup of gluten free oats
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
R E C I P E
-Put everything in the blender and mix until completely smooth
-Sprinkle some extra oats, hemp hearts, seeds or berries on top just to make it a little prettier.